HR for Non HR
HR FOR NON HR
Duration: 1 Days
Upon completion of this program, participants will be able to:
- Understand the various HR concepts.
- Understand the applications of Human Resource Management.
- Appreciating that HR Management is not just HR's domain but also the responsibility of All.
- The importance of HR management in an organisation's business strategy.
- Identify your concerns and fears about dealing with grievance and disciplinary issues
- Define the meaning of a ‘grievance’ and ‘discipline’ in the workplace
MODULE 1 - DEFINING HUMAN RESOURCES
- Discussion on what “human resources” means. We will also complete a case study that highlights some of the challenges that an HR professional faces.
- During this session, we will look at what a skills inventory is and what its benefits are.
- This session will discuss how to identify technical and performance skills needed to do a job.
- Performance reviews are a crucial part of helping an employee grow. During this session, we will explore the performance review process through individual exercises and a case study.
- What is grievance & how does it develop?
- Grievance handling principles
- The consequences of ignoring employee grievances
- General principles of grievance processes
- What value does an effective grievance process add to an organisation?
- The grievance policy
- The grievance procedure
- Guideline for conducting a grievance hearing
- Disciplinary and Grievance procedures at work
- Learn techniques to avoid getting to this stage.
- How to avoid employment disputes and costly tribunals.
- Understand employment law and the disciplinary and grievance process.
- Understand the importance of investigation, documentation and accurate recording
- Handling Poor performance (PIP)
- Performance Improvement Plan (PIP)
- Purpose of PIP
- How to establish PIP
- Step by step guide