Superior_Execution_With_Smart_Goal_Setting_-1day.pdf (152.52 KB)
Superior Execution with SMART Goal SettingCourse Duration: 1 Day
SMART goal setting brings structure and tractability into your goals and objectives. SMART goal setting creates verifiable trajectories towards a certain objective, with clear milestones and an estimation of the goal's attainability. With the SMART checklist, you can evaluate your objectives, SMART goal setting also creates transparency throughout the company.
At the end of this session, participants should be able to:
- Explain the concept and importance of SMART goal setting
- Set SMART goals for the Four essential business perspectives
- Translate SMART goals into performance measurements
Module 1: Understanding the Concept of SMART Goal Setting
- Establish the importance of goal setting
Define the concept of SMART goal setting
- S - Why do we require SPECIFIC goal?
- M - Why do we need to translate specific goal into MEASUREABLE performance
- A - Why do we need to ensure that our goal is ACHIEVABLE and AGREEABLE?
- R - Why do we need to ascertain that our goal is a RELEVANT one?
- T - Why we need to set our goals in a TRACKABLE manner?
Module 2: Setting SMART Goal in the Four Business Perspectives
- Business perspective 1: setting 'financial persepective' SMART goals
- Business perspective 2: setting 'customer perspective' SMART goals
- Business perspective 3: setting 'internal process perspective' SMART goals
- Business perspective 4: setting 'learning and growth perspective' SMART goals
Module 3: Translating SMART Goals into Measurable Actions
- Determine tactical initiatives to strive towards established SMART goals
- Translate tactical initiatives into performance measures
- Manage and monitor the progress and implementation of established SMART goals
- Report the achievement of SMART goals and future 'way forward'