ESSENTIAL WORKPLACE COMMUNICATION SKILLSDuration: 2 Days
Time: 9.00am - 5pm
Effective communication is the key to get you to where you want to be in your life. Communication is an essential skill for sucessful business & personal relationship. Communication has the power to destroy or build relationships. Good communication is the key to our success in life, in work & in relationships. Good communication skill can reduce misunderstanding, errors, frustration & conflict on a daily basis. We can use communication to influence every interaction in a positive way by developing the skills needed to communicate effectively.
- Understand the why and what communication is so important for business and career success
- Develop your skills and confidence to communicate and connect effectively with others
- Identify your communication and behavior styles
- Communicate influentially through understanding different behavioral styles
- Develop a good relationship with your will help you to raise your profile and do better job
- Naje constructive conversations using the positive words and strategies to connect with others
- Develop capabilities to listen actively, ask questions, intepret non-verbal and convert negative response into positive feedback
- Increase awareness about various non-verbal gestures to maintain positive working relationship
- Mastering the art of being a good team player to support your boss and colleagues that help you make your mark at work
- Use the right mental attitude and strategies when confront others to minimize the effect of difficult encounters
MODULE 1: COMMUNICATION - WHAT AND WHY?
- Why communication is so important?
- What is communication?
- Baerriers to workplace communication
- Communication perception
MODULE 2: ENGAGING WORKPLACE WITH BEHAVIORAL COMMUNICATION STYLES
- How to identify your behavioral style and communication bias?
- Understand the 4 styles
- How each behavioral style wants to be treated and approached?
- The platinum rule: the art of better communication
- How to adjust your style to communicate better with better styles?
MODULE 3: MANAGING UPWARD: PROACTIVE COMMUNICATION PROCESS
- Proactive process and it begins with communication
- Communicate - anticipate - be proactive
- How to make sure you understand on the receiving end?
- How to 'sell' your ideas to boss?
MODULE 4: BUILD CONSTRUCTIVE COMMUNCATION
- How to turn provacative words to postive words?
- Power of questioning skills
- Imprtance of active listening: seek first to understand then to be understood
- How to initate and maintain conversations
MODULE 5: NON-VERBAL COMMUNICATION
- How to read people using body language?
- How to influence your emotional state using body language
- Avoid negative body language and best utilize positive body language
MODULE 6: INTERPERSONAL SKILLD ENHANCEMENT
- As you see others and others see us
- The dynamic nature of Johari Window
- Positive working relationship: the power of feedback
- How to praise others to reinforce specific behaviours
- Empathic communication
MODULE 7: HANDLING DIFFICULT CONVERSATIONS
- How to apologize
- How to disagree and still be loved?
- How to deliver bad news?
- How to tell your boss he or she is mistaken?
- How to deal with a boss showing favoritism?
- How to handle a plain difficult boss?