Effective Conflict Management Skills
Communication Building Relationships Conflict Management Management Process Control Conflict Resolution
EFFECTIVE CONFLICT MANAGEMENT SKILLS
Duration: 2 Days
Conflict is a defensive mechanism of human behavior at work; it displays itself under different situations and circumstances in every work environment. As such, conflict resolution is becoming a critical area of concern in every supervisor and managerial development. Conflict is inevitable. It leads to anger, grudges, hurt and blame. In fact most conflicts can be resolved easily with less tension, anxiety and fear than you ever thought possible. Most importantly it can be done in a way that actually benefits all concerned.
When conflicts are not managed effectively, it may turn out to be cancerous to team morale and work relationship in the company. A proper Management Process Control (MPC) is needed for Managers and Supervisors to be effective in counselling and conflict resolution that may threaten any work environment. Managers and supervisors need proper counseling techniques and conflict management methodologies as a critical part of their managerial development training.
This intensive, hands-on, activity driven program teaches skills that focus on dealing with difficult conversations from colleagues and customers alike. By providing you with a rigorous training environment, your active participant will enable you to apply and sustain your learning to a point of forming winning habits. You will have the ability to create the greatest positive impact at every given opportunity when facing difficult or challening conversations every time.
Upon completion of this programme, the participants will be able to:
- Handle conflicts in a responsible manner
- Improve inter-personal relationship with people
- Maintain a positive work environment
- Solve problems amicably
- Understand and employ the communication process effectively
Module 1: Causes of Conflict and How to Manage Them
- The causes of conflict - recognize and pre-empt them
- The assertive leader - managing situations confidently
- Strategies for managing difficult conversation
- Using the ACAS model and the ACAS template
- Understand and use the 3 step conflict resolution model
- Constructive feedback - what is it?
- Deliver constructive feedback that brings above positive behavior change
- Questioning correctly
- Analyzing your conflict resolution profile and behavioral style
- Recognizing classic profiles of difficult people and how to manage them
- 7 priciples of difficult conversation
- Deciding when to take the most appropriate action
- Role play - ''Managing the difficult conversation''
- 6 specific steps to turn difficult relationships into positive ones
- 5 strategies for bringing the best in difficult employees
- How to build positive bridges with all people
- Having respectful and direct conversations with difficult employees
- Ways to respond to and help difficult employees
- Managing poor performance issues
- Tachling attitude and behavior issues
- Communicating with unresponsive individuals
- Handling hostile and aggressive situations
- Role play - ''Dealing with aggressive employee''
- Coaching employees back into performance using the GROW model
- Coaching using the FUEL model
- SMART goals for corrective action
- How each of us falls into one of 4 major behavioral type
- Create a positive workplace
- Engaging your employees