First Line Managers As Staff Developers
FIRST LINE MANAGERS AS STAFF DEVELOPERS
Duration: 2 Days
IntroductionProactively helping your poeple to become more competent is an important part of any manager or supervisor's job - this action step is vital for success in an organization's performance management of it's people. How do you do that? Well, this training is designed to help you develop your people by helping them to improve job competencies, and to resolve personal problems. It covers how you can coach others about performance and counsel them about personal problems.
- Equip with behavioral skills and problem solving process to solve tough people problems
- Be in zen mode when leading a conselling session
- Being effective and engaging coach to assist employees to improve
- Asking the appropriate questions to determine souce of problem
- Having the mindset to engage in helping relationship with employee
- Giving effective feedback to employees
- Administer progress corrective action steps
MODULE 1: YOU AS A STAFF DEVELOPER - INTRODUCTION
- Self assessment exercise
- Behavioral skills that help others to improve on performance
- Determine the source of problem
- Demonstrate positive regard
MODULE 2: CONDUCTING EFFECTIVE HELPING SESSIONS
- Preparation - Prior to the helping session
- Actions and behavior during the session
- After the session - follow up
MODULE 3: YOU AS A COACH
- 3 coaching application skills
- What is proactive coaching?
- What is reactive coaching
- Communicate to get to the 'bottom of things'
- 2 coaching communication models
- Types of coaching questions
MODULE 4: YOU AS A COUNSELLOR
- How to build to obtain better performance?
- How to keep discussion on track?
- 6 step counselling path to perfecting performance
- Giving effective feedback
- Difficult counselling situations
MODULE 5: ADMINISTER CONSTRUCTIVE PROGRESSIVE DISCIPLINE
- Purpose and objectives of employee discipline
- Documentation and when HR is advised
- 16 common misconduct offenses committed in the workplace
- 5 steps of progessive discipline